The GSM Association’s Fraud and Security Group (FASG) is an amalgamation of the existing and separate Fraud Forum and Security Group. The Group has been established to drive the industry’s management of fraud and security matters related to GSM technology, networks and services, with the objective to maintain or increase the protection of mobile operator technology and infrastructure and customer identity, security and privacy such that the industry’s reputation stays strong and mobile operators remain trusted partners in the ecosystem. FASG provides an open, receptive and trusted environment within which fraud and security intelligence and incident details can be shared in a timely and responsible way.
Fraud and Security Group meetings are held three times per year, with conference calls used to progress work between physical meetings.
If you would like to meet up at the event, please click here.
- The Fraud and Security Group is working on a range of topics in the following areas:
- Protecting customers against fraud
- Detecting and preventing fraudulent access to mobile services
- Identifying abuses of service terms & conditions
- Fast identification of fraud committed while roaming
- Mobile operator brand and reputational protection
- Minimising wholesale risks to mobile operators
- Cloud service risks and controls
- NFC security
- LTE security network configurations
- LTE roaming security
- Infrastructure security and testing
- SS7 security
- Mobile malware
- Mobile device and application security
- IP interconnect security requirements
- Security analysis of VoLTE services