Trustonic application protection delivers comprehensive security for mobile network operators
Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) continually focus on improving the end-user experience, delivering new value-added services and reducing the cost of running the network (hence increasing ROI). However, in the current environment, many carriers face disintermediation from not just competitors, but also other players in the ecosystem:
- Increased value add from App (service) providers
- Erosion of core carrier services (e.g, VoIP, Wifi)
- Embedded SIM with RSP potentially replacing physical carrier owned SIM
Furthermore, MNOs face losses due to fraudulent use or malpractice, for example:
- Fraudulent SIM unlock
- Device thefts
- Device stock forecasting, brand personalization, and refactoring of stock.
Trustonic technology can meaningfully address all these issues, benefitting both the carrier and the end user experience, whilst also enhancing an MNO’s products by offering genuine market differentiation through greatly improved levels of device security and availability of new device features.
Through a Trustonic partnership, MNOs can exploit the TEE environment to deliver a common and consistent trusted platform embedded below the OS, rooted in hardware and accessible to all supported vertical services. Through such a trusted platform, an MNO can provide a rich ecosystem of 3rd party services built on enhanced security, trust and simplified user experience, helping to drive up acquisition, improve customer retention and, critically, improved ARPU.
Operational use cases
- Dual number
- Remote SIM Unlock
- TEE + eSIM
- Device lock for Device Financing & anti-theft
- IMEI Spoofing
- Device firmware setup
- Premium Content
- Mobile Payment
- Subscribers’ data management
- Strong authentication (OTP, biometrics…)
- Secure platform services
- Application/data secure management (automotive, healthcare, home automation)
- Virtual SIM
- Mobile as virtual key (hotel, car, house…)
- Home automation via mobile phone/tablet
Click here to contact Trustonic to learn how you can start working with TAP.