Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Category: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelor / Graduate
Contract: Permanent contract
Trustonic is a new standard security provider, formed by ARM and Gemalto to address the increasing need for trust built into smart connected devices. The company´s technology enables service providers to innovate, expand and simplify user experiences in areas such as enterprise, commerce, payments and entertainment.
So if working in a small, innovative company with great backers, a huge ecosystem, and the opportunity to change the way people, things, and services interact – we’d love to hear from you.
Role and Responsibilities
The Back-End Validation Engineer is based in Cambridge (United Kingdom) and part of a project team.
The main responsibilities of the Back-End Validation Engineer are:
- Involved in the design and implementation of test software ensuring the quality, robustness and performance of a Trustonic’s OTA enablement back-end
- Implement the appropriate tests to guarantee that Trustonic’s OTA enablement back-end is of industry-leading quality
- Define the scope of testing needed and participate to review of business requirements, functional specifications and design documents to ensure testability
- Provide input to enhance test strategy, test specification development and execution technique
- Liaise with local and remote teams, sharing knowledge across the company
- An Honours Degree (or better) in Computer Science.
- Web-Services technologies and their associated testing tools
- Knowledge of applied cryptography both symmetric and asymmetric (including RSA and ECC)" and PKI infrastructures
- Knowledge of internet security protocols (HTTPS, SSL etc.)
- Good oral and written communication and reporting skills
Several years’ experience in a similar validation position
- Strong background in server-side software technology, programming languages and associated tools (especially Java, Junit, SOAP UI, Groovy, XML)
- Demonstrable background in load-testing of web-services and (other server-side technologies) from a back-end end-point perspective
- Team player
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, constantly evolving, small team environment
- Prepared to invest whatever effort is required to get the job done
- Operate in integrity and transparency and conduct business in a proper manner